Tuesday, April 14, 2009

 
Mental Turmoil

"...'You know there's basically only two kinds of mental illness. Neurosis is a flaw in one's feeling and seeing, something which comes between the individual and the world. Dieppe is the second kind- psychotic. The psychotic has nothing to buffer her raw experience. She experiences the world as pure chaos. This kind of illness can't be treated. Be careful of her. She's very dangerous. Very dangerous and very clever.'

I had thought it was just drink that accounted for those sudden changes in her personality. But now I remembered her face on those nights when I would find her sitting on the chaise lounger, her mind elsewhere, staring, sweating, suffering. Her expression was hurt, and when she looked up at me it was as though I was personally responsible for some injury to her in the past.
"

- Nightpictures, Rod Jones

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?